Fireplaces On Sale Glossary
Jump To: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
A AFUE | AFUE | AFUE_(Annual_Fuel_Utilization_Efficiency) | Air_Supreme_Filter | ANDIRONS | Annual_Fuel_Utilization_Efficiency | ANSI | ANSI_(American_National_Standards_Institute) | Antique_Fireplace_Mantel | APPLIANCE | ASH_DOOR | ASH_PIT |
1. AFUE:Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. A measure of a furnace's heating efficiency. The higher the AFUE percentage, the more efficient the product. The US government's established minimum AFUE rating for furnaces is 78% for products produced after July 1992.
2. AFUE:Measurement for rating furnaces and wall heaters as an official heat source.
3. AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency):
This measurement rates fireplaces and wall heaters that are official heating sources
4. Air Supreme Filter
When the blower is operating, this cleans the air in the room
5. ANDIRONS:Two pieces of metal designed to support firewood in a firebox.
Top Top to A
B B_VENT | Bellows | Bellows | Bellows | Bellows | BLOWER | Blue_Flame_Rectification | Blue_Flame_Rectification | Break_Front | BREAST | BTU | BTU_(British_Thermal_Unit) | BTU_OR_BRITISH_THERMAL_UNIT | Btu and #39;s | BTU and #39;s | BTUH | BTUs | BTUs | BTUs | Burner | Burner | Burner_Ports | B-Vent |
13. B VENT-See Type B Gas Vent.
14. Bellows:a popular accessory to help boost combustion in wood fires, feeding air to the flames as it is forced out of an expandable bladder. Though unnecessary for a gas hearth where the combustion level is easily controlled with the turn of a knob, bellows' lovely finish in attractive blends of fine woods with vinyl or leather makes them a decorative accessory.
a popular accessory to help boost combustion in wood fires, feeding air to the flames as it is forced out of an expandable bladder. Though unnecessary for a gas hearth where the combustion level is easily controlled with the turn of a knob, bellows' lovely finish in attractive blends of fine woods with vinyl or leather makes them a decorative accessory.
16. Bellows-a popular accessory to help boost combustion in wood fires, feeding air to the flames as it is forced out of an expandable bladder. Though unnecessary for a gas hearth where the combustion level is easily controlled with the turn of a knob, bellows' lovely finish in attractive blends of fine woods with vinyl or leather makes them a decorative accessory.
17. Bellows-These are triangular shaped bags on a wooden frame with a nozzle at one end and two handles at the other end. They are used to aid combustion in wood burning fireplaces by pumping air into the flames. While they are not needed in gas fireplaces they do make an ideal decorative accessory. Bellows come in a variety of designs and styles with the bags usually made of leather. Click here to find out more.
Top Top to B
C Caddy_Style | CAE | Cap | Carbon_Dioxide | Carbon_Dioxide | Carbon_Monoxide | Carbon_Monoxide | Carbon_Monoxide | CAST_IRON | Catalytic_Combustor | Catalytic_Combustor | Catalytic_Combustor | Catalytic_Combustor | Catalytic_Combustor | Catalytic_Combustor | Catalytic_Combustor | CERTIFIED | CFM | Chase | CHASE | CHASE | Chimney | Chimney | CHIMNEY | Chimney | CHIMNEY | Chimney | CHIMNEY_CAP_OR_FLUE_CAP | Chimney_Effect | Circulating_Firebox | CIRCULATING_FIREPLACE | CIRCULATING_STOVE | CLEAN_OUT_DOOR | Clearance | Clearance | Clearance | Clearance | Clearance | Clearance | CLEARANCES | CO-AXIAL_DIRECT_VENT | CO-LINEAR_DIRECT_VENT | COMBUSTIBLE_MATERIAL | COMBUSTION | Combustion | Compressor | CONDENSATION | Condenser_Coil | CONVECTION_HEATING | Corbel | Corner_Mantelpiece | Creosote | CREOSOTE | Creosote | Creosote | Creosote | Creosote | Creosote | Crown | CSA |
36. Caddy Style:
a fireplace mantel design where the mantelpiece has flush edges.
Definition:Combined Annual Efficiency is a measure of the amount of heat produced for every dollar of fuel consumed for both home heating and water heating.
38. Cap:Covering that is attached to the top of a chimney.
39. Carbon Dioxide
Definition:A gas which is product of combustion resulting when carbon units with sufficient oxygen to produce complete combustion. Carbon dioxide is a component of many natural gases.
40. Carbon Dioxide:
This gas is produced from carbon units with sufficient oxygen and is a component of several types of natural gases
Top Top to C
D Damper | Damper | Damper | DAMPER | Damper | DECORATIVE_GAS_APPLIANCE_IN_A_VENTED_FIREPLACE | Direct_Spark_Ignition | Direct_Spark_Ignition | Direct_Vent | Direct_Vent | Direct_Vent | DIRECT_VENT | Direct_Vent_Appliance | Direct_Vent_Appliance | Direct_Vent_Appliances | DIRECT_VENT_APPLIANCES | Draw |
96. Damper-Located in the ductwork, this regulates airflow. Effective in controlling airflow for zoning.
97. Damper:-a valve or plate that regulates smoke and air flow up the chimney. Indoors a damper allows you to close off the chimney when not in use and eliminate draft. Dampers are optional in outdoor fireplaces. Firemagic makes a prefabricated damper/smoke shelf that eliminates guesswork.
98. Damper-A movable plate for regulating the draft in a stove, furnace, etc. Often mispronounced as dampner.
99. DAMPER:-A moveable blade located in the throat of the fireplace. Designed to impede air flow into the chimney.
A device used to reduce or close the opening between the firebox and flue.
Top Top to D
E EFFICIENCY | Electric_Fireplace | Electric_Insert | Electric_Stoves | Electronic_Ignition | Electronic_Ignition_System | Electronic_Ignition_System | Emissions | Emissions | Emissions | Emissions | Emissions | Emissions | ENERGY_EFFICIENCY | EPA | EPA_Regulations | EPA_Regulations | EPA_Regulations | EPA_Regulations | Evaporator_Coil |
The percentage of heat that goes into the room instead of up the chimney.
114. Electric Fireplace:A fireplace that simulates a fire very realistically that requires no venting or installation and simply needs to be plugged in.
115. Electric Insert-An inexpensive appliance that simply sets in the fireplace and plugs into the nearest outlet. Very realistic, inexpensive and warms to 300 square feet.
116. Electric Stoves-Oh so real…just plug them in! They look great and can sit anywhere. Heats up to 300 square feet.
117. Electronic Ignition
This is a system that uses an electric current to ignite the burner.
Top Top to E
F FACTORY-BUILT_CHIMNEY | FACTORY-BUILT_FIREPLACE | FACTORY-BUILT_FIREPLACE | FAN | Firebacks | Firebacks | Firebacks | Firebacks | Firebacks | Firebacks | Firebox | FIREBOX | Firebox | FIREBOX | Firebrick | FIREBRICK | FIREPLACE | Fireplace | FIREPLACE | Fireplace_Doors | Fireplace_Insert | Fireplace_Insert | Fireplace_Insert | Fireplace_Inserts | Fireplace_Inserts | Fireplace_Inserts | Firestop | Firestop | Firestops | FLASHING | FLEXIBLE_CHIMNEY_LINER | Flue | Flue | Flue | Flue | FLUE | Flue | Flue | Flue | Flue | Flue | FLUE | FLUE_CAP | Flue_Collar | FLUE_GASES | FLUE_LINERS | FREESTANDING_GAS_STOVE | Freestanding_Stove | Freestanding_stove | Freestanding_Stove | Freestanding_stove | Freestanding_Stove | FURNACE |
133. FACTORY-BUILT CHIMNEY:A chimney composed entirely of listed manufactured components, designed to be assembled as an entire system in accordance with the terms of the listing.
134. FACTORY-BUILT FIREPLACE:-Metal fireplace components, fabricated in a factory and field installed.
135. FACTORY-BUILT FIREPLACE-Prefabricated metal fire chamber and its chimney, commonly called zero clearance. Consists of listed manufactured components that are assembled in accordance with the terms of the listing to form the completed fireplace.
137. Firebacks:-protect fireplace masonry and mortar, shielding them from extreme heat of the flames. Cast-iron firebacks store heat from the fire and radiate it into the room after the fire has died down. Firebacks work just as well in a modern gas fireplace as they do in a traditional wood burning one.
Top Top to F
G Gas_Cock_Assembly | Gas_Cock_Assembly | GAS_FIREPLACE_INSERT | Gas_Insert | Gas_Log | Gas_Logs | Gas_Logs | Gas_Logs | Gas_Logs | Gas_Logs | GAS_VENT | GLASS_DOORS | Glass_Doors | Glass_Doors | Glass_Doors | Glass_Panel | Grate | Grate | Grate | Grate | Grate | GRATE | GRAVITY_VENT |
186. Gas Cock Assembly:-This is also known as the valve control, and is a combination that when in the on position, allows the flow of gas to the burner and when in the off position, the gas supply to the fireplace is shut off
187. Gas Cock Assembly:
This is a valve control system used in gas fireplaces to switch them on and off. When the valve is open it releases gas from the burner and when it is closed the gas flow is shut off. It can also be used to control the amount of gas released which affects the size of the flames.
188. GAS FIREPLACE INSERT:
A gas appliance designed to be installed within an existing masonry fireplace opening or a metal factory-built firebox. It offers superior efficiency.
189. Gas Insert:A gas burning appliance that burns propane (L.P.) or natural gas. Available in direct vent natural (B) vent and vent free. Many fronts are available to match your rooms décor. Can be thermostat or remote controlled.
190. Gas Log
Definition:A burner with an arrangement of logs setting on it to simulate a wood fire. These are inserted into a masonry or zero clearance fireplace.
Top Top to G
H Hearth | Hearth | HEARTH | HEARTH | Hearth | Hearth | Hearth | Hearth | Hearth | HEARTH_(INNER) | HEARTH_(OUTER) | Heat_Exchanger | HEAT_LOSS_CALCULATION | HEAT_OUTPUT | Heat_Shield | Heat_Shield | Heat_Shield | Heat_Shield | Heat_Shield | Heat_Shield | Heat_Shield | Hopper | Hopper | Hopper | Hopper | Hopper | Hopper | Hot_Surface_Igniter | HSPF | Humidifier | HVAC |
Definition:traditionally refers to the floor of a fireplace on which a blaze is built. Today it is also used to refer to all the devices and equipment used in connection with the fireplace and the stove industry.
210. Hearth:-This is basically the floor of the fireplace where the grate would be positioned and is normally made from brick or stone. The term is also used as a general description of the firebox in fireplaces and stoves.
b.The surface under and/or in front of your stove or fireplace, often made of brick, or tile.
212. HEARTH:-a.Traditionally refers to the floor of a fireplace on which a blaze is built. Now also used to refer to all the devices and equipment used in connection with the fireplace and stove industry.
traditionally refers to the floor of a fireplace on which a blaze is built. Today it is also used to refer to all the devices and equipment used in connection with the fireplace and the stove industry.
Top Top to H
I Ignition_Systems | INSERT | INSERT | Island_Fireplace | Island_Fireplace | Island_Fireplace | Island_Fireplace |
240. Ignition Systems:-Devices that ignite the pilot burner and/or the main burner assembly.
241. INSERT-See Gas Fireplace Insert.
Factory-built, field-installed product consisting of a firebox assembly designed to be installed within or partially within the firebox of a fireplace. Such an assembly should be installed with approved stainless steel liner materials.
243. Island Fireplace:-A fireplace that is traditionally situated in the center of a room. It consists of four glass doors or panels so the fire can be seen from all angles.
244. Island Fireplace:-a fireplace that has four sides of glass, for viewing from any angle.
Top Top to I
K KINDLING | Kindling | Kindling | Kindling | Kindling |
Definition:Small pieces of very dry wood that, when mixed with newspaper, will ignite fire logs.
248. Kindling-Slim strips of dry wood, which are easily ignited, used to start a fire.
249. Kindling:thin, dry wood used to start a fire.
250. Kindling:thin, dry wood used to start a fire.
251. Kindling:thin, dry wood used to start a fire.
Top Top to K
L Limit_Switch | Limit_Switch | LINTEL | Lintel | LIQUEFIED_PETROLEUM_GAS_(LPG) | LIQUID_PROPANE | Liquid_Propane | Liquid_Propane | Liquid_Propane | Liquid_Propane | LISTED | Listed_Product |
252. Limit Switch
The limit switch is a device made from bimetallic material that will react to excessive temperatures in a fireplace and then turn off the gas flow
253. Limit Switch-This is small device made of a bimetal substance that reacts to the temperature in the fireplace by expanding or contracting. When the temperature becomes too hot the bimetal switch turns off the gas flow, thereby turning off the fire.
The metal bar or other non-combustible material that spans the top opening of the firebox.
255. Lintel-a horizontal beam or header used to support the top of the firebox opening. Usually a simple metal "L" bracket
256. LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS (LPG)
Definition:Colorless, odorless, and non-toxic gas separated from wet natural gas, light crude oil, and oil refinery gases. Composed predominantly of following hydrocarbons or mixtures thereof
Top Top to L
M Main_Gas_Burner | Manifold_Pressure | MANIFOLD_PRESSURE | MANOMETER | MANTEL | Mantel | Mantel_Kit | Mantle | Mantle | Mantle | Mantle | MANUFACTURERS_INSTALLATION_INSTRUCTIONS | Masonry | MASONRY_CHIMNEY | Masonry_Fireplace | Metal_Liner | Metal_Liner | Metal_Liner | Metal_Liner | Metal_Liner | Metal_Liner | METHANE | Millivolt | Millivolt | MILLIVOLT_(MV) | MOBILE_HOME_APPROVED | MODULATING_CONTROL | Mortar |
264. Main Gas Burner:
This is for the final conveyance of gas or a mixture of gas and air going to the combustion zone
265. Manifold Pressure:
The amount of wc inches that can be supported by different types of gas
266. MANIFOLD PRESSURE:Gas pressure between the combination valve and the burner orifice.
267. MANOMETER:Instrument used for measuring the pressure of gases.
268. MANTEL:Shelf over and above the fireplace opening. Stone, brick or wood may be used.
Top Top to M
N National_Fuel_Gas_Code | National_Fuel_Gas_Code | NATIONAL_FUEL_GAS_CODE_(ANSI_Z23.1,_NFPA_54) | Natural_draft_(B-vent)_Appliances | Natural_Draft_(B-vent)_Appliances | Natural_draft_(B-vent)_Appliances | Natural_draft_(B-vent)_Appliances | Natural_Draft_Appliance | NATURAL_DRAFT_APPLIANCES | Natural_Gas | Natural_Gas | NATURAL_GAS | Natural_Gas | Natural_Gas | Natural_Gas | Natural_Vent | NG | Non-catalytic_Combustor |
292. National Fuel Gas Code:A standard for the installation of gas hearth appliances to be used in the absence of local codes.
293. National Fuel Gas Code
Definition:This is the standard for gas hearth installation standards
294. NATIONAL FUEL GAS CODE (ANSI Z23.1, NFPA 54):
A standard for the installation of gas appliances, piping and venting.
295. Natural draft (B-vent) Appliances:-a gas-burning appliance that takes in combustion air from the home and vents products of combustion outside the home.
296. Natural Draft (B-vent) Appliances
Natural draft hearth appliances take in combustion air from the home and vent products of combustion outside the home.
Top Top to N
O ORIFICE | Orifice | Orifice |
310. ORIFICE-The opening in a cap, spud, or other device whereby the flow of gas is limited and or controlled and through which the gas is discharged to either a pilot burner or main burner.
311. Orifice:The opening in a cap, spud or other device whereby the flow of gas is limited, and through which the gas is discharged to the burner.
Definition:The orifice is the opening found in a cap, spud, or some other type of device where gas flow is limited. Additionally, the orifice is where the flow of gas is discharged to the burner.
Top Top to O
P PARGING | Patina | Pellet_Fireplace | Pellet_Insert | Pellet_Stove | Pellets | Pellets | Pellets | Pellets | Pellets | Pellets | Peninsula_Fireplace | Peninsula_Fireplace | Peninsula_Fireplace | Peninsula_Fireplace | Peninsula_Fireplace | PIEZO_IGNITOR | Piezo_Starter | PILOT | Pilot | PRESSURE_REGULATOR | PRESSURE_TEST | PRIMARY_AIR | Propane | PROPANE | PSI | PSI | PYROLYSIS |
313. PARGING-This means to coat or to spread. Typically mortar parging is found in the smoke chamber of a newly constructed fireplace.
314. Patina:a finishing technique used on alloy surfaces such as copper or bronze, or other materials (e.g. wood) that gives the finish an aged look.
315. Pellet Fireplace
There actually is no such thing! Pellet units come only in the form of stoves and inserts.
316. Pellet Insert:-An appliance that burns wood bio-mass pellets. Pellets are loaded into the top and are mechanically fed by motors into the burnpot. Heat is circulated out the front by blowers.
317. Pellet Stove-An appliance of steel or beautiful cast iron that burns wood bio-mass pellets. These have forced exhaust blowers, thermostats and can be horizontally or vertically vented.
Top Top to P
R RADIANT_HEAT | Refrigerant_Lines | Regulator | REMOTE_CONTROL | Rustic_Fireplace_Mantel |
341. RADIANT HEAT
Heat that moves out in waves from a central point and heats objects in its path. The invisible and harmless radiation emitted by a hot object. This radiation is converted into heat when it is absorbed.
342. Refrigerant Lines-Two copper lines that connect the outdoor air conditioner or heat pump to the indoor evaporator coil. They are often referred to as the liquid line and suction line.
Usually it is a part of the combination valve. It reduces the pressure to the appropriate level for the type of gas used in the appliance.
344. REMOTE CONTROL
345. Rustic Fireplace Mantel:-a fireplace mantel design where the finish of the wood has a rough, untamed appearance. This type of style is popular among wood cabin décor.
Top Top to R
S Safety_pilot_system | Safety_Pilots | Safety_Pilots | SAFETY_SHUTOFF | Seasoned | Seasoned | Seasoned | Seasoned | Seasoned_Wood | SECONDARY_AIR | SEDIMENT_TRAP | SEER | Sight_Opening | SILICONE_SEALANT | SMOKE_CHAMBER | Smoke_Chamber | Smoke_shelf | SMOKE_SHELF | SOLID_FUEL | Spark_arrestor | SPARK_ARRESTOR | Spill_Switch | Spill_Switch | Spill_Switch | Spillage | Spillage | Spillage | Split_System | Standing_Pilot_Ignition | STEADY_STATE_EFFICIENCY | Steamers | Steamers | Steamers | Stove |
346. Safety pilot system:-This is a safety system that monitors the gas flow. It ensures that gas cannot leak into the burner unless a pilot light has been lit. These are standard in gas fireplaces that comply with the American Gas Association regulations.
347. Safety Pilots:A safety shutoff, stops the flow of the gas to the appliance, and provides a heat source to ignite the main burner.
348. Safety Pilots:
This is a safety shutoff for gas flow, consisting of three components that includes the thermocouple, electromagnetic power unit (EMU), and pilot assembly
349. SAFETY SHUTOFF:A device, powered by a thermocouple, designed to shut off the gas supply to the pilot and or main burner if the source of ignition fails.
350. Seasoned-refers to cordwood that has been allowed to dry before burning. Seasoning generally takes six to 12 months. Wood burns much more efficiently when its moisture content has been reduced.
Top Top to S
T TEMPERATURE_DIFFERENTIAL | THERM | Therm | Therm | THERMAL_EFFICIENCY | Thermo_Sensor | THERMOCOUPLE | THERMOSTAT | Thermostat | THROAT | Ton | TOP_SEALING_DAMPER | TYPE_B_GAS_VENT |
380. TEMPERATURE DIFFERENTIAL-The difference in temperature between two areas, such as inside and outside the chimney or house. (Example, if it is 50 degrees F. outside the house and 70 degrees F. inside the house the temperature differential is 20 degrees F.)
Definition:100,000 British Thermal Units (BTUs)
382. Therm-A unit of heating value equivalent to 100,000 British thermal units (BTUs).
383. Therm:This is a unit of heating that is equal to 100,000 BTUs
384. THERMAL EFFICIENCY:The percentage of heat, which is released in the fire, that gets through the appliance to become useful heat in the house.
Top Top to T
U U.L._LISTED | Unfinished_Mantel | Unvented_or_Vent-Free_Appliance | Unvented_or_Vent-Free_Appliance | Unvented_or_Vent-Free_Appliance | Unvented_or_Vent-Free_Appliances | UNVENTED_OR_VENT-FREE_APPLIANCES | UNVENTED_ROOM_HEATER | Unvented,_ventelss_or_vent_free |
393. U.L. LISTED
Definition:Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. 333 Pfingsten Road, Northbrook IL, 60062. An independent not-for-profit organization testing for public safety.
394. Unfinished Mantel
a mantel shelf that hasn't been finished with paint, a stain, or any additional type of finishing coat. This type of mantel allows for personalization of final finish.
395. Unvented or Vent-Free Appliance:
an appliance that draws combustion air from inside the home. The appliance is designed to burn so efficiently that it eliminates the need for venting.
396. Unvented or Vent-Free Appliance
an appliance that draws combustion air from inside the home. The appliance is designed to burn so efficiently that it eliminates the need for venting.
397. Unvented or Vent-Free Appliance:-an appliance that draws combustion air from inside the home. The appliance is designed to burn so efficiently that it eliminates the need for venting.
Top Top to U
V VALORSTAT | Veneer | Vent_Free | VENTED_DECORATIVE_APPLIANCES | VENT-FREE | Vent-Free | Vent-Free | Vent-Free | VENT-FREE_APPLIANCES_OR_UNVENTED | Venting | VENTING_SYSTEM |
402. VALORSTAT-A wireless handheld remote control system which allows the user complete control of the fire from anywhere in the room. Standard equipment on most Valor models - controls the comfort, convenience and aesthetics you want from your Valor gas fireplace. See Modulating Control.
a thin piece of wood mounted to different material to give the non-wood material a wooden look. For example, a mantel piece that has thin oak pieces of wood applied to a fiberglass frame is considered to have an oak veneer.
404. Vent Free:No chimney or pipe. Gas Stoves, fireplaces and inserts burn 99.9% efficient if, and only if, they are installed professionally and maintained regularly (at least annually). Not good for those with breathing difficulties or sinus sensitivity (asthma or allergies). Because you are burning room air, scents of burning pet dander, dust, and carpet lint can be smelled. Also, they put nearly 1 gallon of water vapor into your home every 4 hours… mold and mildew alert!
405. VENTED DECORATIVE APPLIANCES
Definition:A vented appliance whose only function lies in the aesthetic effect of the flames. Gas hearth appliances tested to ANSI Standard Z.21.50 include gas fireplaces, fireplace inserts, and freestanding appliances.
406. VENT-FREE:-Gas appliances that have no flue.
Top Top to V
W WASH_CROWN | water_column | WATER_COLUMN_(WC) | Water_Column_(WC) | wc | Wood_Burning_Fireplace | Wood_Insert | Wood_Stove | WYTHE |
413. WASH CROWN:Concrete piece on the top of a chimney which seals off the air space between the inner walls of a masonry chimney and the flue liner. It slopes away from the liner to shed water.
414. water column:
Measurement of pressure of gas. There are 28 wcs in one pound of PSI.
415. WATER COLUMN (WC)-Measurement in inches of pressure of gas. 28 inches wc equals one psi.
416. Water Column (WC)
Definition:This is the measurement of pressure of gas and in one PSI (pounds per square inch), there are 28 WCs
Definition:Measurement of pressure of gas. There are 28 wcs in one pound of PSI.
Top Top to W
Z ZERO_CLEARANCE_FIREPLACE | Zero_Clearance_Gas_Fireplace | Zero_Clearance_Wood_Burning_Fireplace | Zero-Clearance | Zero-Clearance_Fireplace | Zero-Clearance_Fireplace | Zero-Clearance_Fireplace | Zero-Clearance_Fireplace | Zoning |
422. ZERO CLEARANCE FIREPLACE-A factory-built metal fireplace with multi-layer construction providing enough insulation and/or air cooling so that the base, back, and in some cases sides, can safely be placed in direct contact (zero clearance) with combustible floors and walls.
423. Zero Clearance Gas Fireplace-A fireplace built at a factory, complete with logs. Needing no outside chimney, these fireplaces can be vented horizontally (like a dryer vent) or vertically through the roof. They are available as ventless (no vent) or direct vent.
424. Zero Clearance Wood Burning Fireplace:-A fireplace built at a factory complete with fire chamber and usually a metal surround. The chimney is typically in the outside of the house and is framed with siding that matches the rest of the house. These almost never have a brick chimney.
425. Zero-Clearance-Factory built fireplaces that have been sufficiently insulated to enable them to be placed in direct contact with combustible materials such as walls and floors.
426. Zero-Clearance Fireplace:a factory-built fireplace that is constructed so that it can be placed, safely, with close clearances to combustible materials.